Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

I've got Italian cars on the brain...

I probably have a bunch to write about in the week since I last posted- new Soulcalibur, finally getting to the new Mortal Kombat game, PSN finally getting back up, my parents being on vacation now (yay, ten days of having the house to me!), but I've got Italian cars on the brain. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani... and Fiat.

One thing on my bucket list is "own an Italian car", and really, the only one I can afford at the moment, with my mom's help, is the Fiat 500. And since I got the okay to start car shopping now, no better time than now.

I guess the only thing that may be off putting is the size. I sat in one at Arrigo Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep (the local Fiat shop), and they are tiny. Luckily enough, I can fit, no problem, but I can certainly see my mom balking at the car because of the size. Hopefully, the car's safety record in Europe is enough to win her over.

I wanted to hold out for the electric-powered version, due in late 2012, but I'm looking now, the gas-powered versions can get up to 38 MPG with a stick shift, and I might as well strike now so I can be the first guy on the block to have one. Nobody will mistake a Cinqueciento for anything else.

I hope to win mom over on getting one when the parents come home in ten days. In the meantime, I'm dreaming and looking at accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment