Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Namco announced a few things this week

So, Namco had a press conference in Dubai (?) this week and announced some new things. Let me run down a few of 'em.

New Soulcalibur- Don't know how I feel about the timeskip. If Tekken 3 is any indication, they're not going to age the women without some cryosleep trickery. I have no idea how they're going to get around that, do you? New guy looks okay, I just hope this doesn't mean Sophie won't be in. Need to see more info first on any gameplay changes, and hopefully the single player will be as deep as in the new Mortal Kombat game.

And a 2012 release? If this bumps the home ports of Tekken Tag 2 into 2013, I won't be happy.

(More info)

New Ridge Racer- I'd really feel better if this wasn't a Ridge Racer game. I always thought that the series should try something different, but this isn't what I was thinking of. At least this is just a side game, and Namco's taking the Need for Speed route with Ridge Racer, so the traditional games will live on. Hopefully, there's a traditional RR game for the new PSP coming out.

New Tekken CG movie- It looks like an extended cutscene. Hopefully, it won't suck.

Dark Souls CE- Okay, that looks nice. I hope it's good, has anyone played Demon's Souls? If so, how is it?

More thoughts as I think of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment