Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So, the new Ridge Racer game...

Namco announced a new Ridge Racer game last week. I didn't post about it until now because I wanted to take a step back and think about it. I've been saying for a while that the series is stale and needed a new direction, and I wanted to take the weekend and see if this was the change the franchise needed.

I'm not sure if this was the change I was thinking of.


I mean, the Need for Speed Underground feel I'm getting from the reveal trailer is so played out to me. Didn't Namco once have the Fast and the Furious movie license? And the emphasis on destruction? I'm not sold on that. Then again, I never played a Bugbear racer, is FlatOut any good?

I'm just going to have to wait and see, but I don't think this is the change the series needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment