Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Viva la Vita

Hey there. It's been a while, but I wanted some more hands on time for my PlayStation Vita. There's a lot to like, and a little to loathe.

First, the stuff that I like. I didn't like the size of the buttons at first since I have big fingers, but, pardon the pun, they grew on me. I think I figured out how to do a two-finger tap on it, so a Tekken title shouldn't be an issue. Th D-Pad is great, and so are the dual analog sticks. Everything just falls into place and feels great. I don't feel like my hands are cramped and I can concentrate on the OLED screen pumping out good graphics.

The thing that annoys me, though, is the interface. Why Sony went with something other than than the XMB interface that I'm familiar with is a mystery. I would like to, at least, organize things in folders, like my iPhone. One folder for Vita games, one for PSP and mini titles, one for apps, and one for settings.

The other thing that annoys me is the charging. Is it me, or do I need the official power adapter to charge this thing? I can't charge from USB. Do I need to change a setting or something? I need to find out.

Otherwise, I can't complain about my Vita purchase. I'm very happy with it, and I'll keep it for the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment