Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Auction misadventures

I went to the Barrett-Jackson auction a couple of days ago.

I come bearing pics.

The highlights were seeing the GTO from xXx, plenty of Camaros and Mustangs to go around, and test driving the Chevy Volt.

Let me explain the latter.

GM and Ford had a little test track out in the parking lot, and there were two Volts available for test driving. Naturally, I had to get some time in one. Frankly, it's a lot of fun to drive, more than you think. The position of the battery lends itself to good handling, and I had some enjoyment bombing the car through the cones.

I also got to test drive a Mustang, too. Yeah, that was fun, but I'd rather have a Volt. Real talk. No, there's nothing wrong with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!! You don't know who I am, but I saw your Daytona USA 2 posts on Kotaku and that's exactly what we need! Unfortunately, I couldn't post on Kotaku cause there's something wrong with my browser. I even documented this cool conversation in my blog. Keep up the good work.

    http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/2011/03/bes-dont-know-about-my-daytona-usa-2.html

    ReplyDelete