Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things I'm looking forward to this year

Hey guys, me again. I guess we're all settled into the new year now. Things have been crazy for me over the past few months, and so I really haven't had the time to post stuff here. Now that things have died down a bit, I do plan on posting a little more regularly again.

Now, there are a few things I'm looking forward to in this new year on the video game front. In particular, there are three games I have my eyes on.

Xenoblade Chronicles- I've been following the Operation Rainfall campaign with great interest, if only to see if they were going to be successful. They were partially successful and this game is going to come out in April. I've never gotten into a JRPG before, but I might as well try this one out and see if it's worth the hype.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown- With Namco fumbling the ball on their fighting franchises (Soulcalibur V does nothing for me, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a late 2012 release), Sega looks to get the upper hand in the 3D fighting game competition this year with their latest Virtua Fighter title. This game has had two years in Japanese arcades to be fine-tuned for good balance and great competition, and with online play, it could be pretty much the only fighter I need this year.

The next Need for Speed title- All I know about this one is that Criterion Games is doing this one, and if Hot Pursuit is any indication, this one should be awesome. The Run was pretty decent, but I think that everyone's anticipating what Criterion does next.

There's probably a bazillion other games that I'm looking forward to, and I'll probably get to those in a future post. Stay tuned...

1 comment: